The family Gmyrek discovered its love for sausage in 1904. This was the year that Stephan and Christoph Gmyrek’s great grandfather founded a sausage and delicacies factory in Gliwice, Silesia. After WW2, Egon Gmyrek opened the first production company for Silesian sausage Gifhorn in 1947. In 1970/71 his two sons Karl Peter and Klaus Gmyrek joined the company. During this period, they decided to expand the traditional enterprise to become a high-performance partner to the food retailers. Originally, Gmyrek only supplied smoked sausage specialities to this customer group. The growth of the family business in 1975 necessitated the construction of a modern meat factory in Weilandmoor, which is today’s headquarters. Over time they underwent another six expansions to accommodate the growth of the firm. By 2014, Gmyrek had expanded its production area with an additional 700 m2. Simultaneously, the existing 5,000 m2 were gradually renovated and modernised so that every modern claim in food production can be guaranteed here. In 2017, Gmyrek completed this project successfully.
Im Weilandmoor 1